shower over air bath tub

Old 05-23-11, 11:52 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
shower over air bath tub

Since space constrain, I have to put my shower over air tub for size of 60L x 30W in my bathroom remodel project. For this tub, the shower will be daily use while bath would be less frequently (probably once a week). I went to local tub show room and found that those air bath type of tubs have very smaller holes at bottom or side of the tub. If for daily shower usage (without using air bath), are the scum from the shower easy trapped in the hole and grow the mold? If you think the hole in the air tub will catch the dirt easily, I would rather to have a same size of soak tub instead. Please advice. I have a temptation to install the air tub but really concern about the potential mold issue.

Old 05-24-11, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
By air tub I'm guessing you mean a Jacuzzi or whirlpool style tub?

Rinse the tub down after use of the shower (a hand held shower makes this easy) and every 2 weeks to a month fill the tub and run it for 15 min with about 1/2 gal of bleach added.

Make sure you get a tub that is DESIGNED for use with a shower or you will have constant water issues. The ones designed for a shower will have a lip running around 3 sides.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: