Roman Tub Access Panel

Old 10-04-11, 07:41 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roman Tub Access Panel

I think I have one.....but......not sure. I have a roman tub where I am replacing the handles, etc. Which of course do not fit the existing hardware, MOEN, I purchased new MOEN fixtures.

The bathtub, with the fixtures, is against the existing shower stall so there is no place 'behind' it to get to the valves, etc. There seems to be a access panel, a long piece, the length of the tub and about (10") tall. There is a small space all around it like you could pry this 'panel' off and get the the valves, which have to be changed to fit the new fixtures.

Any idea how to get this panel off? I have not tried anything yet and have done the typical Google search. I didn't want to damage anything.

Thanks!

Old 10-04-11, 08:07 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yahoo, Yahoo, Yahoo, I figured it out. There was an access panel and after cutting through the caulking it literally fell off! I could not figure out if it was removeable or not unitl I cut the caulking! I actually thought that it may of been a piece adhered to the tub itself! I had planned on getting a plumber to come out and figure it out and now saved some $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: