Shower has good pressure on cold but not hot

Old 10-14-11, 07:02 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower has good pressure on cold but not hot

I have a walk in shower with a single handle, dont know the brand. When the handle is turned to warm it has low pressure but if I turn it to the cold side it has very good pressure. What inside the faucet might need to be replaced and how deep into the faucet is it? I picked up the"stem" that the handle attachs to but I dont know if thats what I need. Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 10-14-11, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
It depends on the brand. If you can give the make of the faucet it would help. How old do you think the faucet is.

Sounds like the balancing spool. Some are built into the cartridge and some are seperate. Kohlers are the worst IMO.

Does it go from cold to hot when you turn the handle, or pull it on and go left or right for H/C?

Mike NJ

Old 10-15-11, 06:40 AM
S
The cover plate has a CFG stamped on it. Its a single handle that turns counter-clockwise to go from cold to hot. I took the handle off, then unscrewed chrome "cap" to see inside. Looks like brass nut holding a plastic valve or cartridge. The stem the handle fits to is plastic and square in shape(not grooved). The house is 6 years old and most fixtures are lower quality.

Old 10-27-11, 07:58 PM
S
Wanted to give an update on my problem, maybe it can help someone else. Found the brand to be CFG(Cleveland Faucet Group). I called and got a new cartridge under warranty. I installed it and it did not do any better. After many other tries to find the problem, I turned the main water back on with the cartridge out of faucet. I had good pressure from the cold port but almost none from hot port. I took the chrome bezel off the faucet and found the check/stop valves. I turned the hot adjustment screw about 1/3 turn out. That fixed the problem.

The shower is the closest faucet to the water heater, check valve must have gotten some sediment from water heater.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: