Kohler Revival Bath faucet handle leaking ( K-T16119)

Old 10-27-11, 09:05 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kohler Revival Bath faucet handle leaking ( K-T16119)

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/116429_5.pdf

So one of hte handles is leaking, perhaps the stem or an O-ring, I can't get the darn handle off to get at the guts under the skirt! I could figure out whats going on if I could just get to it. Anyone have experience with these or Kohler in general with a similar set up? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-27-11, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
Hi,

You need to turn the whole escuthen. They unscrew. The handle its self dont come off.

Hope you know what I mean.

Mike NJ

Old 10-28-11, 11:36 AM
C
gotcha, by escutcheon I think you mean the "skirt" in their diagrams? I did not attempt that angle so I will go at it tonight! Thanks!

Old 10-28-11, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Yes the skirt.

And I may be wrong but the hot turns CCW and the cold CW.

Or they may turn the same way.

Hey post back and let me know....

Mike NJ

Old 10-28-11, 08:41 PM
C
well i will be dipped in ....

How to Repair a Kohler Revival Faucet | eHow.com

I will try this :-) sounds like you're thoughts are on par with this!

Old 10-28-11, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Ha, ha... Thats funny.

Yeah when I first started plumbing I could not figure out how to get the high end faucets apart either. But when you been doing them for years its just seems normal to me.

Dont for get the cartridges have a hot and cold. They are not the same. One is left hand threads and the other is right hand threads.

Also the skirts both unscrew counterclockwise so I was wrong there.

Sometimes the troble with unscrewing the skirts, the whole valve through the sink ends up turning. You will see. And getting the handles to line up again can be tricky if you never done it. You will see.

Let us know how it goes.

Mike NJ

Old 01-05-13, 04:40 PM
C
I have a lever that broke after it had become stuck on the hot water side. So I am trying to take off the hot water side skirt and that won't budge CCW. Even though I used a paper towel to try to not scratch the skirt I still did but to no avail... the skirt won't budge so I can't get to the parts inside... Any thoughts?

Old 12-27-13, 05:03 PM
V
Kohler Revival Skirt Removal

My handle started leaking at the bonnet. I could not get the skirt off the handle either. Because the skirt is polished and tapered, a strap wrench wouldn't work primarily because it slipped on the polished chrome but also because the strap could not evenly grab the skirt. My solution was to wrap the skirt with duct tape in order to build out the taper and give the strap wrench more to grab onto. Furthermore, I folded the tape in half inside-out so that it grabbed BOTH the skirt and the strap wrench.

It was on so tight I broke my small strap wrench and almost broke my big strap wrench. Watch this video I made:

Kohler Revival K-16102-4A - YouTube

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: