Why is my faucet still leaking?

Old 11-11-11, 08:44 PM
Why is my faucet still leaking?

I'm hoping someone can help me solve my problem. I have a dripping shower/tub faucet. I replaced the cartridge behind the faucet (I called Delta and gave them the model number of the faucet and they sent me the cartridge replacement). However, it continues to drip. What's strange is some days go by and it doesn't drip at all but then other days it's a non-stop slow drip. It's really frustrating me!

Can anyone offer any ideas as to why it's still occurring? Anyone have any solutions for this? I'm just about ready to call a plumber but it's becoming a challenge to me to get it fixed on my own. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-11, 04:09 AM
Group Moderator
It is possible that the new cartridge has a leak but first I would remove, clean and re-install the cartridge. Before starting draw a bucket of clean water. Turn off the water supply and remove the cartridge. Wet a rag a clean out the core of the faucet and keep cleaning until your rag comes out clean. Dip the cartridge in the bucket of water and swish it around to try and remove any bits of minerals that might be causing a seal not to seal completely.

Old 11-12-11, 06:14 AM
Thank you for your help! I"ll give it a try and let you know how it goes! You gave me hope this is going to be fixed! Thank you again!

Old 11-12-11, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
If this unit has them...did you also replace the springs and seats that are in the valve body?

Old 11-12-11, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I've replaced both of those already. Going to give Pilot Dane's suggestion a try too. Thank you again!

Old 11-13-11, 02:16 PM
That worked! Thank you! This board is awesome! Thank you again!

Search this Thread