Kitchen Sink dripping

Old 11-13-11, 03:55 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Kitchen Sink dripping

My kitchen sink keeps dripping. I have to turn the handle a certain way in order for it to stop. I'm not sure what is needed to repair it. How do I find out what brand it is. It is one that has a pull out sprayer.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-11, 06:46 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 682 Votes on 629 Posts
It sounds like your faucet is leaking and not the sink. Where is the water leaking? Is it coming from the knobs/lever used to turn the water on and off or is it coming from where the spout meets the fixture.

As for identifying the fixture some have the name etched into them somewhere. You can post a picture to the forum for us to see or you can look online to try and identify what you have.

Old 11-14-11, 03:20 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, its the faucet not the sink. I found the peerless name on it. It's leaking from both the spicket area and also the ball area.

Old 11-14-11, 04:04 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Spicket? Perhaps you meant to write spigot.

In my opinion Peerless faucets are junk. I'd say replacement is the best idea. I like Moen myself but if you have hard water the Moen cartridge needs to be pulled, cleaned, lubricated and replaced once or twice a year. Not a difficult job unless you fail to do it.

Old 11-16-11, 06:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 682 Votes on 629 Posts
Since one is directly above the other it's possible that you have just one leak. Turn off the water supply to the sink. Remove the control knob/lever. Now unscrew the "cap" on top of the faucet and remove the ball of the valve. Then then spigot can be lifted straight up. You may have to give the spigot a back and forth motion as you lift. Then get a repair kit which should contain the O rings that seal around the ball and prevent water from leaking around the control handle and spigot.