bathroom sink angled faucet mount holes

Old 11-24-11, 06:42 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom sink angled faucet mount holes

Hi,
hopefully a simple question. Bathroom sink faucet needs replacing but all the faucets I see online appear to mount to level openings. Our sink faucet hole area is angled so these spouts would wind up pointing somewhat back instead of straight down. What is the term for this kind of sink/faucet mount? The current (broken) faucet is a 3 hole 8" spread mount.

***** Ok, found a little more info on my own. It is a slant back faucet mount but what I found said these are at a 45 degree angle. Our sink only has 25-30 degrees of angle for the faucet mounts. It's a 1956 house and for all we know it could be the original sink. Will faucets for this be hard to find/install?

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by mnjim; 11-24-11 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-25-11, 02:56 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Can you see a brand name on the existing faucet or sink? If so, call the manufacturer or look online. If not, remove the faucet & take it to a plumbing supply or home depot.

Old 11-25-11, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
They were all 45 degree as far as I know. How did you measure the angle?

They make a handfull of faucets for your application. Just do a google search.

IMO if you have one of those its time to renovate. But thats me. And most from my memory had rigid piping going to the faucets. No such thing as flex lines.

Mike NJ

Old 11-25-11, 10:29 PM
M
Thanks Mike, I also came to the same conclusion last night that replacing the sink was the best route. Just not much selection in the slant back faucets and the bathroom needs updating anyway.

Thanks for your reply!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: