Good book or website for installing a shower/tile

Old 12-08-11, 05:53 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good book or website for installing a shower/tile

I'm installing a prefab shower pan, a new drain, and about two feet of tile up the walls. After this, I'll be installing a sliding shower door. I'm hoping to find a good book for purchase or website that has good instructions and pictures. What I'm most concerned about is having instructions that tell me about all the materials (especially for sealing) that I'll likely need. Also, I'm hoping to find a list of tools I might need for the job so I'm not running back and forth to the local Home Depot or Lowes and wasting time. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

Old 12-08-11, 12:18 PM
H
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
John Bridge and Michael Byrne have written some good books on tile. I don't recall the names of the books but you can google them.

I'm installing a prefab shower pan, a new drain, and about two feet of tile up the walls.
Only 2 feet of tile up the walls? What will be above the tile?

Old 12-14-11, 12:49 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the 411. There will be tile above also, just demolishing the bottom two feet rather than the entire tile job. The tile on the bottom of the shower settled below the drain causing it to pool. We're installing a prefab and I'll simply bring the bottom two rows of tile down to the prefab versus redoing the entire tile job. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: