In house pipes

Old 04-25-12, 09:08 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post In house pipes

I currently moved into a basement apartment of a 2 family house. The people on the first floor recently bought a washing machine. Im not sure if whatever they have the machine hooked up to is connected to our bathroom pipe downstairs. Recently the toilet and shower backed up. Landlord came got rid of garbage that was blocking and it was fine. Now this lady washing almost everyday and now the toilet has air bubbles but hasnt backed up on me yet, but now the shower is backed up. Could this problem be due to her new washing machine?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-12, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
No. If you have any bubbles in the toilet denotes there is still a partial blockage.

Also the shower drain is often the toilet vent line so there is a partial blockage probably down stream of that.

Most of the time its roots and must be snaked and treated properly. Most plumbers just snake and run. They only restore flow and do nothing for the cause.

The shower could be isolated and clogged from other reasons and not related.

Its all something the landlord should take care of, but in my experience they dont like to spend money. Landlords often do the minimal.

Mike NJ