Loose Faucet

Old 06-03-12, 06:04 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Loose Faucet

I've never installed a kitchen faucet before. I have a Moen fauet that looks a lot like Model # 7545CSL.

The base has become totally lose and isn't properly secured anymore. It feels like it's about to fall apart. It doesn't swing tightly back and forth as it's supposed to. It feels like it's about to deattach itself completely from the sink. There is a strange collar looking piece underneath but turning that doesn't tighten it. Any ideas how I resecure and tighten this faucet? The online instruction manual didn't help me. It just had images with no written instructions.

Attached Images   
Old 06-03-12, 11:10 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Try turning the hex head nut that is inside that "collar". (I think there is one in your photo. If there isn't one, there should be!)
Good luck with your faucet!

Old 06-03-12, 11:38 PM
D
I have quite a few tools but not one i can think of that can access that nut through such a narrow cylinder with other tubes coming from the center of it. Any suggestions?

Old 06-04-12, 12:37 AM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Moen supplies a special plastic wrench with the faucet to tighten the nut. Maybe they will send you one if you call 1-800-MOEN.

Old 06-26-12, 01:38 PM
D
Ok I found out the problem when I finally heard back from Moen. They wrote: "the pullout spout hose has to be disconnected at the hydrolock connection, remove the weight and pull out the hose completely from the top of the sink." They sent installation instructions, which make this task look complicated and time consuming. I am more lost than I was before and am extremely frustrated that it takes this level of disassembly to tighten a nut that will eventually work itself loose again. If anyone has specifically done this or wouldn't mind taking a look at the assembly instructions and seeing if you can figure out what I need to do, let me know. I can email it to you. (They did send me their plastic wrench.)

Old 04-18-13, 02:49 PM
R
Same Problem

I too have that same MOEN faucet and its loose as well. You'd think that since the plumbers recommend so highly (at least the ones we worked with) MOEN product, it would be more "rock" solid. Anyway I am about to go under the sink, after I turn the water supply off, and detach the hose. This is what the instructions calls for, on the original installment. Frankly I could not figure out how to detach the hydrolock connection.
Unless your counter is less than 1 1/2" you can reverse the spacer and have more area in which to tighten the nut. I guess I am lucky, because I was able to use a small pair of channel locks and tighten the nut without having to use the plastic "socket" wrench MOEN supplied. But it seems nevertheless to be a poor design. Our faucet is brand new, and I just do not like it. I know this thread is a bit old, but were you able to figure how to disconnect the connection? Boy I feel a bit thickheaded!

Old 04-19-13, 04:47 PM
D
Hey Robert, no one here answered my question or offered any advice, so I just messed with it. It was so long ago I don't recall how I got it apart. I do remember it was annoying and not intuitive.

I did a search and found these instructions, hopefully they will help.

----

Find the faucet hose and follow it until you come across the Moen Hydrolock connector. It is a black connector with two white tabs on one side. The tabs are part of a button that clicks into place to secure the connection.

Grasp the connector and press down on the tabs. Turn the connector to dislodge the tabs and undo the connection. You'll hear a snap as the connection comes out.

Pull the connector off the hose by hand. To reconnect, simply place the two ends together. Turn the connector and press the tabs down. Listen for the click to tell you the connection is made.

Old 04-21-13, 10:15 AM
F
Maybe you could get the nut to slide down after loosening it. Then get a rubber washer, cut one side of it so that you can slide it around that pipe, then try to tighten the nut back up. See if there may be that a small unthreaded gap that exists on the pipe and maybe using the washer will be enough of a filler to tighten things up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: