Gap at bath sink flange

Old 06-20-12, 04:06 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gap at bath sink flange

We just got a new countertop and sink for our bath and the drain flange has a huge gap (1/8"+). The sink is not circular, almost egg shaped with a bit of a point facing the front of the vanity where the gap is. Here is a picture with the drain tighly installed. I've done these before with no issue -- just alittle plumbers putty to seal a hairline gap, but this looks terrible. Faucet is Hansgrohe, sink is Artisan. Whats wrong here???
Thanks

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-12, 07:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Hansgrohe ain't cheap, so rule that out. It looks like a sink that didn't pass quality control. That hole should be round and not egg shaped. I'd check with my supplier and get a replacement.

Old 06-21-12, 03:02 PM
C
Thanks. The installer (bought sink with new countertop) is coming out tomorrow to look at and probably replace the sink. I assume these sinks are cast, so I dont understand how they could end up being the wrong shape but we'll find out tomorrow.

Old 06-21-12, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
Interesting!!!!

Mike NJ

Old 06-22-12, 07:30 AM
C
That was it - they just changed the sink and new one is a perfect fit. In the future, be sure to have the fit checked *before* the sinks glued in, was a bit of a bear for them to remove.

They actually brought 2 replacements, both were better than the first, but one was still alittle oblong. Who knew the lousy QC on some sinks. Glad I had the granite company purchase it so it was their problem.