Tub/Shower faucet brand/model

Old 07-31-12, 10:16 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tub/Shower faucet brand/model

Can anyone identify this tub/shower faucet (see picture)? It was installed in 1973. Apparently someone installed the wrong cartridge and now the flow is very low. I need the brand and model to get the proper cartidge for it.
Thanks
Kent

Attached Images  
Old 07-31-12, 10:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Mike will be along shortly, so hang in there. Does the knob and handle move independently from each other? If so, one is flow and the other is heat/cool. Have you had the handle/knob off yet? Can you take them off and post a pix of the internal workings?

Old 07-31-12, 10:30 AM
K
The plastic handle is flow and the chrome handle is hot/cold. I won't be able to post the additional pictures till later.

Old 07-31-12, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
Hmmm, I identified that exact faucet on another thread some time ago. For me to find that thread would be hard I think.

It is a thermostatic valve. Its probably not the wrong cartridge but what happens is the thermostatic cartridge gets calcium build up and the spool stops movement to control the flow.

Also it may be as simple as the shower head itself is clogged with debris. Remove the shower head and check flow.

I will look around and see what I could find.

Old 07-31-12, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
Its a Mixet/Eljer. ( I dont think its an actual thermostatic valve and/or pressure balanced)

plumbingsupply.com

Here is the part you can get from the local mega mart.
Mixet SLD1350 4-1/2 in. Hot/Cold Post-1968 Stem with Retainer

BrassCraft Mixet SLD1350 4-1/2 in. Hot/Cold Post-1968 Stem with Retainer MXT07 at The Home Depot

Old 08-01-12, 09:49 AM
K
Thanks Lawrosa! It looks perfect. Your help is much appreciated!

Old 06-11-14, 01:57 PM
Question mixer

That looks like the same brand as mine. My problem is...when I try to shower..I have to turn the water knob around about 8-10 times before the water will even start, then when I pull up the mixer, water not only comes out more in tub than shower, but it also gushes out behind the spout up against the wall.
I have not attempted to fix yet-just moved in there and haven't had time. Just can't shower with that one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: