Moen cartridge replacement

Old 09-28-12, 03:07 PM
Question Moen cartridge replacement

Hi folks,

I have pretty old Moen kitchen faucet (please see image attached), which started leaking badly. Which cartridge to I need to fix it? Is it 1225B, like this one: Repair Kit for Moen 1225 / 1225B Stem Cartridge With Retainer Clip - Amazon.com ?

Thanks!

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-12, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Upvotes Received: 3
Yes that is the cartridge for that faucet.

Old 03-11-13, 05:53 AM
Installed new cartridge and it worked fine for couple of months. After that it suddenly became very hard to open and close faucet. It feels like I am pulling or pushing lever trough a rubber. Any ideas what might be wrong? Maybe I just got a bad quality item?

Thanks!

Old 03-11-13, 10:47 AM
Upvotes Received: 16
For only six bucks I seriously doubt that is a genuine Moen cartridge. Do you have hard water? The Moen single handle faucets don't play well with hard water and will require disassembly, cleaning and regreasing periodically on hard water.

Old 03-23-13, 09:02 AM
Question

Furd,

Turned out that you were right about the cartridge. I pulled it out and found that some small rubber and plastic pieces were broken. Called seller **link removed** and explained the situation asking if there is some warranty and if they are willing to send a replacement. Rep said "There is something wrong with your water" and advised to take a hike. I wonder how water can break rubber and plastic in two months? Anyway, got genuine Moen cartridge, compared both and for sure they look different in many parts. Another lesson learned.

Last edited by lawrosa; 03-23-13 at 09:19 AM.