Leaking Delta kitchen neck

Old 10-13-12, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaking Delta kitchen neck

I just replaced the seats and fittings in the actual valve of the faucet when I realized that there was an additional leak coming from the base of the spout. When I pulled up the spout bonnet, I realized that I couldn't pull the spout out because of the retainer surrounding it. Does this just pull straight out? Or does it need to be turned? I don't want to just yank on it because there is some resistance and obviously I don't want to make matters worse. The idea here is to replace the O-rings, hopefully stopping the leak.

The assembly seems to be a Delta Waterfall Single Handle Kitchen Faucet model #174. Any help would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-12, 08:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,175 Votes on 1,089 Posts
Delta has some good online assistance. Check out the link. One is a parts list and one is an instruction sheet. You can view or download in PDF.

Product Documentation : Customer Support : Delta Faucet

Old 10-13-12, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info. It's a great resource. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me the answer to the problem I have. I could wait until Monday and call the customer support, but they probably won't know how to answer my question.

Old 10-13-12, 09:29 PM
I just need to find out if I can pull the spout out or if something needs to be unscrewed before I proceed. I'm trying to prevent disaster.

Old 10-13-12, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,175 Votes on 1,089 Posts
I've been everywhere. It looks like after you remove the bonnet the spout comes straight off. In looking in the service pics I don't see any keyed areas. Here is a link that may help you if you don't get the spout off. There are several places online that sell those parts. You may want to order the o rings and retainer ahead of time.Not that it's anymore help but Delta's contact number is in there.

Old 10-09-13, 08:58 PM
M
thanks for the links, this is exactly what I needed