Help with Faucet / Slanted Sink

Old 11-15-12, 04:21 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with Faucet / Slanted Sink

We recently installed a new vanity, which includes a sink. The sink has a slanted front and if the faucet is turned on more than halfway, the water starts splashing up the "slant", effectively soaking the stomach area of whoever is washing their hands. Although I wouldn't mind playing a joke on some relatives with the upcoming holidays, this really isnt what we had in mind.

The faucet is single handle Skye by Pfister, and I thought a short-spout (4inch) may be best given the design of the sink, but it appears that the angle of the spout causes it to just reach the beginning of the slant in the sink. Is it possible to find a short spout that will direct water straight down? Is there some way to modify the current faucet to change the angle of the water flow (doubtful, but never know until I ask)? Or will we have to replace the faucet for one that somehow is shorter and directs water straight into the drain/flat area of the sink?

Any suggestions are appreciated. I've attached a pic of the faucet/sink for reference.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-12, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 51 Posts
Change the faucet or sink....whats easier?????

Just joking, but when you get fancy like that you need to think of these things.

Whats is the make and model sink? Or get me the specs and I can help you find something.

Old 11-15-12, 04:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
It doesn't look like the faucet is the problem. It's the design of the sink. However, put a level on the vanity from the wall towards the front. Which way is it leaning? If the bubble is towards the back, the front of the vanity may have to be lifted 1/8 inch or so.

Old 11-15-12, 04:51 PM
L
That's the same question my husband and I have asked eachother..

It's a wall hung vanity, and the sink is built in. Made by Cutler Forest, purchased at Lowe's. Unfortunately, the Cutler Forest and Lowe's websites do not show the vanity (awesome!)

The flat part of the sink measures 3.75" from back of the sink to where the slope/angle starts. Is this helpful?

Old 11-15-12, 04:55 PM
L
I agree, the design of the sink is the problem. The vanity is wall hung, and it's level both front to back and side to side.

Old 11-15-12, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Whats the distance from the center of the faucet hole to the center of the drain?

Old 11-15-12, 05:07 PM
L
The distance is 3.5". I'm guessing I'll need to look for a faucet with a spout reach of that size?

Old 11-15-12, 05:16 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Close the valves, under the sink half way. Does that solve the problem?

Old 11-15-12, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
You need a down spacing spout. But the aerator may be agled as most faucets are.

This looks promising. I like Moen. You will need to call to get the spec.

Method Brushed nickel one-handle low arc bathroom faucet - 6810BN

Or you can go with a swivel type faucet.....

But just my opinion, that would have been the last sink I would have picked out.

Old 11-15-12, 05:34 PM
L
Thank you! I'll keep that one at the top of my list!

I really wish we had been able to demo the sink/faucet combo prior to install. When we reno the other bathroom, I'm sure we'll stay far, far away from the slanted sink. Function before looks - lesson learned.

Thanks again for your quick replies!