replacing a tub/shower insert faucet

Old 12-23-12, 03:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 41
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
replacing a tub/shower insert faucet

I have a faucet which I cannot stand to look at and needs to be replaced but I cannot determine what to replace it with. I have not removed the faucet but notice that few are designed like this and would like ideas on what type and how to replace this type of faucet. The attached picture is of one similar to mine and is intended to be an example. Any help and ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for you help.
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-12, 09:58 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 28,594
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
You may have to remove the face of your faucet to see what you have behind. If you are lucky there will be three individual holes which might allow you to use a two knob style faucet. While you have the face off measure the distances between the valves and outlet to help find a faucet that will work with the same holes.

Now for the tough part. Do you have access to the back side of the faucet? If you are really lucky you can access it through a closet so you don't have to worry about the hole in the wall so much. Installing a new faucet will require replacing the guts which are located inside the wall and often attached to the framing.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: