Using a closet auger

Old 01-12-13, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Using a closet auger

My friend who is a plumber told me that something most likely dropped into my toilet when I told him it was filling up with water. I bought a General Wire closet auger for my toilet and have never used one. Is this cut and dry? Any advice and tips is greatly appreciated- I ask this question because I am a detail oriented person!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-13, 01:30 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Hi This is how I use a toilet auger.
Pull the handle so the auger is close to the crook in the bottom of the auger untit. Place the unit in the bottom of the bvowl and push the auger head into the trap when you incurr any resistance crank and push the handle. Sometime it takes some force. You may have to work it back and forth. When you're done remove the auger and flush the toilet. But wait if the toilet water goes down your still not done. Put a lot of toilet paper in the toilet and flush. Did it go down? If it did, guess what? You're still not done. Now flush the toilet. If the water goes down you're done.
Sometimes the auger passes by a comb or other object. Water will bypass but solids won't. The toilet paper will catch on the object and prevent the following flush to fail. If it fails start over.
Good Luck Woodbutcher