Leaking Faucet

Old 01-28-13, 10:14 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leaking Faucet

Hello. After seeing about 4 online videos about how to fix a leaking faucet, I tried to tackle mine. Of course, it's not like any of the ones I saw on the videos (which were all basically the same configuration). I had great difficulty loosening the stem as there was nothing to grip with my pliers, then found it doesn't pop up out of the sink like all the others I saw. It goes back down under the sink and is hooked up nothing like anything I've seen before.

Could someone help me figure out how to fix this leaking faucet?

Attached Images   
Old 01-28-13, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Than plastic piece pulls right out. Thats the cartridge. Looks like Delta....But I would need to see it when its out. Could be anything.

Old 02-02-13, 01:34 PM
D
So what do I grab, the white platic piece? Part of it is in the faucet handle it appears. Or do I grab the stem in the middle of it? Where do I get a replacement? Would Home Depot have it? This site didn't notify me of your reply, so I don't even remember how to get the valve body back into the sink.

Old 02-02-13, 01:49 PM
H
Home Depot should have Delta cartridges if that is a Delta. Trying to get the best help on the weekend though might be a bit hard. If you go to the faucet section of the store you should be able to find it yourself. If you can't match it up there I suggest a plumbing supply house where the plumbers go as you definitely will get help there.

Old 02-02-13, 02:00 PM
D
Here it is removed, please let me know what you think.Name:  Faucet1.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  22.8 KBName:  Faucet2.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  24.7 KB

Old 02-02-13, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Take pic inside where you removed the cart. Looks like delta. Should have rubber washer in there with a spring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: