Any reason NOT to purchase a Delta shower?

Old 02-08-13, 05:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any reason NOT to purchase a Delta shower?

Not trying to start another Moen vs Delta thread!

I'm curious because I've done a ton of reading in "moen vs delta" threads and the only thing I've taken away from them is that Delta apparently uses an all plastic valve?

My wife has picked out the shower she wants and it's a Delta. I just want to make sure there are no profound reasons to NOT buy a Delta. If it's alright with you all, it's alright with me!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-13, 06:05 AM
Temporarily Suspended
The Delta heads don't have a fine enough spray to suit me. The drops of water are too heavy. That might have changed since I tried Delta.

Old 02-08-13, 09:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Running Delta showers in both baths. No problems here.

Old 02-08-13, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Personally, I like Delta just fine. Parts are available almost everywhere and are relatively cheap. Had them in my last house and only one problem in 16 yrs. Moen is nice as well as their carts are pretty simple to swap when needed, but the OEM parts cost a bit more than Delta.

Old 02-08-13, 10:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
I think of Moen as top of the line and Delta next best. Not a problem using them, IMO.

Old 02-08-13, 10:42 AM
Received 57 Votes on 52 Posts
Take your pick, as far as I am concerned. I installed a Moen in our cabin when we buily it about 35 years ago, and with hard untreated water, and extremely infrequent use, which allows plenty of time for valves to become encrusted, the first that I touched the shower valve was to replace the cartridge this past Thanksgiving. On the flip side, our primary residence, just past 40 years old, has two Delta's, and I have never touched either of them. If it were my wife, and her choice was either of those lines, I would smile and tell her to get whatever would please her most.