Help with Eljer One Piece Toilet

Old 02-17-13, 04:47 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with Eljer One Piece Toilet

Hi, I have a 1980"s Eljer Windsor One Piece toilet that leaks water into the bowl. I replaced the flush valve but it still leaks. Now thinking I need to try to replace the fill valve. When I bought the house the toilet came with a generic fluidmaster with a float. After doing my reseach it looks like my Windsor originally came with a Fill Valve (ballcock) with float rod, float ball. Do you think it is worth replacing with with the ballcock kind? Do I need to buy this recommended piece for the toilet vs a generic fluidmaster. Has this been my problem all along? I had the wrong fill valve for my toilet? Does it really matter to have what is recommended on the Windsor parts guide? Please help

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-13, 07:42 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your fill valve will have nothing to do with water leaking into the bowl, unless you can see it coming out of the hose in the overflow tube or the water level is so high that it is flowing into the overflow tube.

Most leaks to the bowl will come from the flapper not sitting in the flush valve properly. The first thing to look for here is if the chain to the handle is too tight or is kinking up for some reason and impeding the flapper droping into place to seal. You could also look at changing the flapper or looking to see if there is anything impeding this seal.