No cold water from tub/shower control.

Old 03-23-13, 04:24 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post No cold water from tub/shower control.

This is the opposite of what most people encounter when they don't have their anti-scald tab incorrectly on a single handle tub-shower control. I only get hot water thoughout the entire 110 Degree arc of the single handle control. Both tub spigot and shower head produce ONLY hot water. I do not believe any cold water is being introduced to the stream. The place was purchased in a forclosure and it does not appear the tub and shower had ever been used so I suspect it has been in this condition since being installed. Would removing and inspecting the cartridge be helpful? If so, what should I look for? I do not know the manufacturer of the fixture since I got no paperwork with the place. The ony clue is that the vanity faucets say "Exquisite" on the back of them and appear to match in style and finish. One other curious detail is that when I did the inspection on the house, the master shower would produce no water from the head. After unthreading the head I discovered that the pipe from the control to the head was packed with sheetrock material. Cleaning it out solved the problem. Could the cold water line upstream of the control be clogged with material and if so, can this be cleared from behind the cartridge?

Old 03-23-13, 04:32 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Yes try removing and cleaning the cartridge. You've got nothing to loose. The balancing valve could be stuck and while you have the cartridge out it would not hurt to turn the water back on briefly to flush out the lines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: