Manufacturer's mark on a pedestal bathroom sink

Old 04-15-13, 07:29 PM
Manufacturer's mark on a pedestal bathroom sink

we recently bought a house. the bathroom pedestal sink was not firmly attached to the wall and it was not stable. I removed the sink and the pedestal. I want to repair the drywall and attach the sink. there are holes at the top of the sink and holes at the base of the sink. [see photo 003 attached] . Are there supposed to be brackets that engage the top holes?

Photo 002 shows the marking on the sink. can you tell me the brand from these numbers?

Thanks

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-13, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
Upvotes Received: 3
Are there supposed to be brackets that engage the top holes?
They are for the faucet.......,Thats the three holes. The one with the pencil is for a stud and bolt that comes from the wall.

Old 04-16-13, 03:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes Received: 2
While you are repairing the sheetrock, did you notice a 2x blocking behind that area? There must be blocking to accept the screws from the sink. Sheetrock alone won't hold it even though most of the vertical weight is on the pedestal. It can pull away from the wall.

Old 04-16-13, 07:18 PM
Clarification

There are 4 holes in the sink that might be used to attach it to the wall. When I removed the sink only the bottom 2 holes were bolted to the wall. There is a 2 x 6 behind the drywall to accept the bottom bolts. The upper holes were not used to attach the sink to the wall. There is no way to attach a bolt through these top two holes to attach the sink to the wall. I thought that these two upper holes were used to engage the sink with a bracket that one attached to the wall. Then the bracket engages the sink. There was no bracket on the wall when I removed the sink. That is why I was asking about the numbers etched in the sink hoping that these numbers indicated the sink's brand. I thought if I had the brand of the sink I could get a bracket for it. If you do not think a bracket is necessary to engage these top two holes, perhaps I should install two studs into the wall and engage these two top holes by sliding the sink onto the studs even though I could not tighten a nut on the stud. Then I would bolt the bottom two studs into the wall. What do you think?

Old 04-16-13, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Upvotes Received: 3
Nope...No bracket with that sink. Studs hold it. Top bolts are most important

Old 04-16-13, 08:17 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
You use studs and put nuts on the studs. Cut the machine thread just slightly longer then the thickness of the nut.

Name:  Double-Thread-Stud-With-Wood-Screw.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  6.2 KB