water continuosly flows through the bowl

Old 05-05-13, 06:30 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
water continuosly flows through the bowl

every time that I flush, the water keeps flowing into the bowl. The water level in the bowl is correct, but the water continues to flow into the bowl. If I remove the water line from the overflow tube, the tank fills up and the water will shut off. I've replaced the flapper and when the tank is full the water doesn't leak into the bowl. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Old 05-05-13, 06:40 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Does water still flow out of the hose that you disconnect from the overflow tube?

Old 05-05-13, 06:43 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Got a picture of what type valve you have.
Could be any one of a dozen differant styles.

Old 05-06-13, 05:00 AM
K
Yes-- the water flows out of the hose the way it always does. when the water level in the tank is high enough, the float will shut the water off--the way that it should. then i re-attach the hose to the overflow tube with the clip. The next time I flush, the water drains out of the bowl and continues to flow into the bowl until I remove the hose from the overflow tube.

Old 05-06-13, 05:05 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That tube needs to be sitting just above the fill tube. If it's sitting down inside of it water will be siphond into the tube.

Old 05-06-13, 08:50 AM
K
Hi Joe; that tube is about 1" above the water level in the tank. Once the tank is full and the float rises to the top, the water stops--the way it always has. Once the toilet is flushed and the water level in the bowl reaches a certain height, the water should stop flowing into the bowl and begin accumulating into the tank. It doesn't. Just keeps flowing through the hole at the base of the overflow tube. I've tried 2 different flappers to stop the flow of water--no luck!!

Old 05-06-13, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Well, there's the problem...you are misunderstanding the way it works. The fill valve allows water out into the tank at the same time as it is spaying water through the hose into the overflow and from there into the bowl to make sure it fills and to rinse the sides. It's the tank filling that determines when the water shuts off. When you take the hose and re-direct it in to the tank it fills faster. If you pinch off the hose completely do you get water filling the tank? If not your fill valve is faulty....but I've never seen that exact symptom.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: