[Connecting Portable Washer] Confused....Did this guy every get his solution?

Old 08-14-13, 11:12 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
[Connecting Portable Washer] Confused....Did this guy every get his solution?

Separated from: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/to...e-adapter.html

have a Kohler faucet in both my bathroom and kitchen. The kitchen is a pull-down, my bathroom faucet aerator has the threads on the inside and the kitchen (after removing the pull-down sprayer head) from the spout, the threads are on the outside.

My husband and I have tried to hook-up our portable washer to both areas and the aerators on both are too small. We went to lowes and home depot and found a 15/16" universal aerator snap fit adapter but, when we brought it home to fit it, it was too big.

We went back to try to solve the problem and brought the aerator, and our hose to see what would fit. NO ONE CARRIED WHAT WE NEEDED. There is no 13/16" snap fit aerator adapter for that same component that was shown earlier in the thread. The black dual compression looking drain and hose adapter for compact washers say, "will work with all faucets", in my case it did not.

Any suggestions to help us fit our faucets to our portable washer? See pictures attached.

Again, we have a 13/16" aerator size that came off of the Kohler faucets in the bathroom and the kitchen. Are we doing this right or wrong, or is our makeshift idea going to work? Please help. What do we use to fit the hose if our aerators are a 13/16" x 27 thread count? Thanks.

Attached Images           

Last edited by ray2047; 08-15-13 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-15-13, 09:14 PM
R
Connecting Portable Washer with a 13/16" aerator, problem solved.

PLEASE SEE OUR PICTURES FOR AN UPDATE TO OUR LAST POST:

OKAY!!! So, we figured it out! We went back to Lowes to return the parts shown in our pictures as our "make shift aerator kit" and tried ONE MORE TIME (third time) to find the correct aerator parts to use on our Kholer pull-down sink faucet for our compact portable washer.

We spoke with a master plumber and he understood what we were trying to do and he tried a suggestion of using a large 15/16" - 55/64" snap fitting faucet aerator with a 13/16" - 24 thread x male 55/64" -27 thread Faucet Aerator.

He was doubtful that it would work on a pull down faucet because he said it needed to be stationary and unlike Kohler and some other faucets; they are really tough to fit an adapter aerator for portable dishwashers and washers alike. He told us to call and let him know if it works because he never heard of hooking up a pull-down faucet to a compact quick release hose for a portable washer. (We did call him and told him that it works and there are no leaks or problems. With such a surprise, he can share with others who are trying to do the same thing we are, to hook up a portable washer to a pull-down faucet with a sprayer head that has a 13/16" aerator).

So, on our last and third attempt, we tried it. It fit perfectly! We tested it by turning the faucet on fully, and NO LEAKS! We ran a full cycle on it's own to clean out the washer, and it did what it is suppose to do: fill, drain and re-fill, spin and drain.

To those out there who are trying to fit their stupid akward faucet that has a 13/16" aerator to a great buy such as the portable dishwasher or clothes washer to your sink....THERE ARE OPTIONS and do not give up! We found our solution and it works for us.

The parts that fit our Kholer pull-down faucet with a 13/16" aerator (1" x 1"):

We took the spray head off, and put together a LARGE SNAP FITTING Aerator: size 15/16" - 55/64" (NEOPERL, item #591194) and the FAUCET ADAPTER Female 13/16" -24 (thread count) x Male 55/64" -27 (thread count) (NEOPERL, item #599904) together. We bought these 2 pieces from HOME DEPOT, found in the plumbing- fitting and connectors section.

Pretty much, you take 1 washer out from the Large Snap Fitting Adapter and screw in the 13/16" Faucet Adapter, place the washer that came with the 13/16" faucet adapter inside and screw on to the faucet aerator.

I hope I was able to help anyone else who was having the same problem we were. THANKS DIY for letting me share the fix to our solution!

Attached Images        
Old 12-18-13, 03:13 AM
Thumbs up Connecting a portable washer to a pull out faucet

I would like to thank you so much for posting this thread. I have been looking all over the place for this information.....the internet and everywhere else I though I might get the correct information. G12!!!!

My landlord just replaced our whole faucet with a pull out faucet, and I have a portable washer that is almost exactly like yours in the picture. My aerator that I was using before didn't fit OF COURSE. I didn't know what to do because I had just bought this brand new portable washer. I thought OH NO!!!! what am I going to do now. So I kept looking at this pull out tap, which I have never had one before in my life, and notice that the pull out could also unscrewed. So I unscrewed it and kept looking at this thing and it dawned on me "I wonder if an adapter can be connected to this part and then hooked up to my washer. So I went online and started keying in different word phrases into the search engine about this issue to see if I could get any help with this problem. And what do you know I came upon your thread. I couldn't believe it it was pretty much word for word the same problem I was grappling with.

Bottom line...thank you so much for this posting. I am truly grateful for people like you who think to reach out and help sometimes clueless people like me. YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!!!! I am back to being fully sane now. THANKS

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: