Where can I find this shower drain "top"?

Old 09-17-13, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I find this shower drain "top"?

We just bought a house, 13 years old or so, and in our master bathroom the shower drain screen is loose. It looks like the holes where the screws go are either rotted away or someone tried to screw it on way too tight. I found the following thread elsewhere online that is essentially going over my same problem...

Shower Drain removal - Ask Me Help Desk

The only way my situation is different is that I put my hand in the drain, turned it counter-clockwise, and I was able to remove the top of the drain where the screen screws on to take it with me as I search for one.

I went to both Lowes and Home Depot, and nothing there worked. This is a 2 inch part and while they of course had that size, the threading was completely different so what they have would just slide in and out - I tested it in the store to be sure. Both stores were selling the brand with an indian on it, I forget the actual name, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

What in the world do I need to aim for to replace this one part? I really don't want to replace the entire drain since this part is seemingly incredibly easy to put put right back where I found it.

Along the edge of the top of there is a series of numbers. I have no clue if they help at all, but they read as follows...

PVC ASTM D2665 ------- ABS ASTM D2661

It would be amazing if any of you guys could help me out. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-13, 07:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
PVC ASTM D2665
That number comes back to Nibco which is a plumbing parts supply company.

Try doing a Google images search for "nibco pvc shower drains." There are a couple that may be similar to yours.

The other thing is try an actual plumbing supply house.

Old 09-17-13, 07:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Should be able to just unscrew that whole thing and replace it if needed.

Old 09-27-13, 07:48 AM
Just for future reference, I found what I needed. It is sold at Ferguson Plumbing and it is the ProFlo brand that I needed, as mentioned in the other thread I linked to. I replied there with the following (sticking it here for reference)...

I also know this is an old thread, but thanks for this post. I had the exact same problem the OP had, and you seemingly had, and I couldn't find this part anywhere. The Sioux Chief brand sold at Lowes and Home Depot didn't fit because of the threading, even though both were 2'' wide. I went to a local plumbing store and they only sold SC as well. I went to another local one and while it started to screw in properly it stopped halfway and would NOT go all the way on.

I finally found this thread, and then your post, and discovered that I also had a Ferguson store about an hour away in Greenville, SC. We went in and they gave us exactly what we needed and it worked absolutely perfectly. Thanks!!!

Old 06-26-15, 09:59 AM
Do either of you know the mode numr

I'm dealing with ***********and told them about your posts. They've asked if I could get the model number of the drain (I thought that D2665 might be the model number). Apparently they deal in a lot of proflo stock. I was hoping that one of you may still have the invoice or shipping document which would probably have the par number, as well as the Ferguson PLU code.

Thanks,

Last edited by Shadeladie; 06-26-15 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Removed company name
Old 09-17-15, 12:50 PM
JanWo, I hope you've found the drain that you were looking for by now, but if not, the number is PFP600 by Proflo. I found this thread last week, and had the model number been included, it would have saved me a couple days worth of work. I hope this helps anyone else that stumbles across this thread in the future.