problem mounting old wall mount sink

Old 11-30-13, 10:50 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
problem mounting old wall mount sink

We bought an old wall mount sink to put in one of our bathrooms. The sink did not come with any mounting hardware. Thought I could build something out of wood, not working so good. Need some ideas and/or suggestions. Here are some pictures of the sink.

Attached Images    
Old 12-01-13, 12:26 PM
Nobody? Only thing I can come up with is a fancy L bracket. Looks like this may be the way this one was mounted. Wanted to conceal everything.

Old 12-01-13, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
I think that sink had metal legs and not wall mounted...

Old 12-01-13, 05:02 PM
H
I agree with Mike I am not the expert like he is in plumbing but from your pictures it looks like it might have been on a pedestal. With the sinks age though it would be next to impossible to find anything even at a plumbing supply house. At least as far as the pedestal is concerned as I doubt very seriously any plumbing supply would have that. Have you tried a plumbing salvage yard? I would they might possibly have it, I would bring some pictures along with measurements and you might get lucky. Good luck to you!

Old 12-02-13, 05:52 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Can you recess the lip of the sink into the wall? Then use solid pipes instead of flex connectors, for the hot & cold water feeds.

Old 12-02-13, 06:47 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I don't know how it was fastened but I'd suggest two heavy ell shaped steal brackets fastened to the wall. The leg of the ell on the wall turned up so hidden by the sink. The other end of the bracket would have a leg of half inch galvanized pipe welded to it. A couple of chrome tubes cut from shower curtain rods could disguise the pipe legs. At the floor to keep the legs from moving a couple of 3/4" lag screws with heads cut off sticking up a couple of inches that the legs slide over. Molded brackets on bottom of sink could be used to hold it to the wall. Or just build a vanity cabinet with a hole in it for the basin that the sink would sit on top of. The latter I have actually done for modern wall hung sinks.

Old 12-02-13, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
I would call this place and send them pics... IMO they would know....

Vintage antique pedestal wall mount bathroom sinks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: