Reinstalling an old bathroom faucet

Old 01-27-14, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reinstalling an old bathroom faucet

I installed a new bathroom vanity sinktop, and proceeded to reinstall the old bathroom faucet, which is still in good condition. The faucet stem pipes are connected to the brass water valves, using brass compression rings and nuts. The stem pipes did not fit exactly like they used to, because the new sink is a slightly different shape. My problem is with stopping the drips when the water is turned back on.

The compression rings needed to be moved and were jammed on the pipe stems. I was able to free them up with pliers, although they got nicked up in the process. One of the stems now only fits about 1/4" down into the water valve. I successfully stopped the drips by cranking down really hard on the compression nuts. But I am concerned if this is a good long term fix. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-14, 07:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove and throw them away. Buy two new braided flex lines. Just make sure to measure how long you need first, they come in a lot of different lengths. If there to long that's a good thing, just make a curve or a loop.