Shower TRIM KIT/handle replacement

Old 03-23-14, 03:24 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower TRIM KIT/handle replacement

Hello All!

I am in need of hep! I am very new to this type of project, so bare with in my attempt to explain myself. I am looking to replace my current shower handle with something more up to date. I believe the current model is the Delta 1500 or Delta 1700, but not quite sure. At this point, I do not want to have to replace the entire valve, just the handle and plate behind it. What are my options at this point? Do I need to get some sort of converter? or are there models out there now that will fit this type of valve? ANY info on this would be a great help! Name:  DSC_0078.jpg
Views: 7141
Size:  21.7 KBName:  DSC_0085.jpg
Views: 1814
Size:  17.5 KB

Old 03-29-14, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Hello and welcome....

There are a few sites that may have what you are looking for..

Thats a thermostatic valve...

I would call deltal and see what they can do for you... At least identify it part # wise..

Old 03-30-14, 06:41 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Delta has a universal rough-in that accepts most all trim kits.

It should look like this - Delta Faucet R10000-UNBXHF Universal High Flow Shower Only Rough Valve No Finish - eFaucets.com

Gently pry the outermost cap off on your trim kit, it snaps onto the hub assembly. Unscrew the retaining screw that should be found underneath. This will release the handle. Unscrew the two screws on the face plate and remove. Lastly, slip the large collar off the center hub and you should be able to see the rough in and cartridge. If the cartridge is still good, you can simply install a new trim kit in place of the one you removed to see the rough in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: