Shower faucet handle turning but no water/leaks

Old 04-28-14, 08:43 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower faucet handle turning but no water/leaks

Afternoon all, I've spent all morning researching hoping to come across someone with the same problem. The hot water handle turns but there is no water, only leaking so something has obviously been damaged inside.

The problem however is removing the handle. Below is a picture of the handle, the cap is off though theres no screws inside or anywhere around the handle (I have thoroughly checked both handles and along the whole body. Its obvious the handle must turn and come out but how can I do that?

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great.

Regards
Suiy

Attached Images   
Old 04-28-14, 10:25 PM
S
Help

Ok, I've managed to take off the handle and brought a complete new set. Ive placed everything into position and turned the main back on but now my hot water doesn't turn off. Can anyone please tell me what Im doing wrong?

Old 04-29-14, 02:24 AM
W
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I know your pain. You sure you purchased correct stem. They can look exact with 1 small difference. If sure you have correct stem. Have you pulled stem and looked inside stem body. I bet there is trash or debris from old stem seal in hole. Just by chance had water been turned off before you started experiencing issue. Like city had leak and did temporary shut off. A lot of times shut off causes scale to break loose from piping and will screw all kind of mess up. I'd pull stem look inside. Check seals on stem. Are these seal pinched cut or disfigured. It's always the small crap that kills me. Good luck keep your chin up. Don't allow a faucet to kick your butt.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: