Need help in identifying manufacturer of diverter tub spout

Old 07-23-14, 03:35 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help in identifying manufacturer of diverter tub spout

Hello,

I need to replace a leaking tub diverter spout, which was installed in our home in 1999 by the builder. Unfortunately I have no idea who the maker is. After several e-mail communications with Moen, they have told me that our spout is not a Moen product.

I have read about faucets with a set screw. This faucet does NOT have a screw in the U-shaped opening at the back (near the wall).

I have posted a couple of pictures at photobucket.com. On the underside of the spout are the letters ZP in an oval shape and SA souranded by a C. Here are the links:

Identifyinglettersonunderside_zps80646e99.jpg Photo by christajan0211 | Photobucket

spoutandlever_zps73cc8991.jpg Photo by christajan0211 | Photobucket

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.
Thank you, Kathy Smith

Old 07-23-14, 05:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Free Trademark Search | Protect Business Name | Incorporate Your Business | Trademarkia

How did you miss the ZP trade mark on the bottom of the spout?

Old 07-23-14, 07:25 PM
K
Hello, I did not miss ZP trade mark. I posted a picture of the bottom of the spot. I just don't know what the letters ZP stands for. Does it identify a certain manufacturer.

Old 07-23-14, 07:40 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I guess that you didn't click on the link I posted. Yes, it stands for Zin Plas.

Zin-Plas Corp.

Old 07-23-14, 09:33 PM
K
Thank you...finally I know what ZP stands for. So I am guessing they make faucets, etc. for other companies. Googling Zin-Plas faucets didn't get me anywhere.

I need a threaded type tub converter spout. Would you say that any brand will work for me: Delta, Moen, Pfister, etc.

I appreciate your help.

Kathy Smith

Old 07-24-14, 07:22 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I can't say for sure that anything will work. The best thing to do is bring what you have to the store & have them match it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: