New Moen Kitchen Faucet Low Pressure?

Old 08-25-14, 07:26 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Moen Kitchen Faucet Low Pressure?

Hello,

I was hoping you kind professionals could help me with a recent problem concerning my new kitchen faucet. Its a Moen Torrance ca87480.

Torrance Chrome one-handle low arc kitchen faucet - CA87480

So here's the problem, my new faucet doesnt have NEARLY the pressure my old faucet had, which is a Moen that dates back 16yrs. I was wondering, being that the old faucet had thin copper supply lines and the new one has thicker braided lines if that is whats causing the difference in pressure?

It is driving me nuts, i absolutely hate this new faucet due to the pressure issue. What can i do to get increased pressure? The new faucet is rated with a 1.5 gal max flow rate....is that why my pressure is so low? Any hacks or suggestions? I appreciate any help!

Please see attached pics...

-Low Pressure here is Philly

Attached Images      
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-14, 08:08 PM
rated with a 1.5 gal max flow rate
Yes, this will effect the flow. The supply lines are the same size as old, they will deliver the same flow or better.
You can't change flow rate (1.5), but you can remove aerator and see if it was clogged during swap out of supply lines.
If aerator is recessed, a special removal tool should have been supplied with faucet.

Old 08-25-14, 10:26 PM
P
Thanks for your reply. Appreciated.

I did check to see if aerator was clogged....everything is good. I am thinking flow rate. Home depot sells another 4-hole model with sprayer that has a flow rate of 2.2....is that a considerable difference compared to 1.5 concerning flow rate and pressure?

Looking at the pics from my old faucet....any idea what that flow pressure might have been? That pressure is what i am looking to get back to. Please forgive my ignorance.

Old 08-26-14, 06:43 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 674 Votes on 623 Posts
Many modern faucets have flow restrictors in addition to aerators. While they may provide the rated 1.5 gpm flow rate at 60 psi they will provide less than rated volume at lower pressures. You can try operating the faucet with the aerator removed and see if that gets the flow you want. If so some aerators can be popped apart and the flow restrictors removed.

Old 09-02-14, 05:52 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hi, The best advice I can give you is save the old valve you may want to put it back on.
Good Luck Woodbutcher