Old 09-13-14, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace Delta faucet sprayer hose - hole in sink to tight to remove/install

Attachment 38190Name:  delta_faucet2.jpg
Views: 28032
Size:  33.0 KBName:  delta_faucet3.jpg
Views: 12538
Size:  30.0 KB

Delta faucet sprayer hose leaks near sprayer, so ordered replacement hose from Delta and trying to replace. Having problem removing old hose through opening in bottom of sink as fitting on end of hose won't get through too tight hole. Delta customer care not much help, so considering taking faucet apart to access hole from top, or maybe cutting old hose to remove, though not sure new hose will feed in through top of faucet and through hole. Hole has 2 water lines, sprayer feed line, and finally flex hose going back through it. Thanks.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-14, 09:56 AM
Welcome.
The old hose must be disconnected at underside of sink and pulled up. And yes, it will be difficult to get new hose down. When the faucet was originally installed, Delta provided a small ball that was temporarily inserted into hose end, acting as a guide to get it through.

You might want to try a few turns of electrical tape around the end of hose, something that will eliminate the sharp edges that will catch on way down.

You have as much room as any sink. It's frustrating, but you should be able to get hose down.

Old 09-13-14, 05:08 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Hi
Cut the sprayer head off the old hose then using some fishing line tie the end of the new spray line to the cut off end of the old line in a straight line(_____ ______). Tape the joint, apply some grease and pull through. Go Easy.
Woodbutcher

Old 09-14-14, 06:59 AM
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
You may need to loosen the "U" shaped bracket that holds the faucet to the sink. Looks like it is partially blocking the hole which may be your issue. Handy is correct in that Delta provides an attachment that you insert into the end of the hose to help feed the hose down during re-installation. They also make a tool to aid in the installation of the nut that you need to loosen to adjust the "U" shaped bracket. It is basically a giant plastic hollow socket (similar to a spark plug socket) that fits over the long threaded rod under the sink that holds the bracket down.

Delta faucets have lifetime warranty's. Call them, ask for replacement parts and the missing tools needed to perform the install.

Old 09-14-14, 07:36 AM
Yeah,
Delta is very good about replacing parts, one of the best companies I've ever dealt with.
I don't think they do it all the time, but a few years ago I called for parts. I needed the large O-ring at faucet body bottom, where it swivels, and the Wand O-rings.
They sent me a new faucet at no cost. I was impressed. This faucet wasn't cheap, a stainless steel pull down.

Old 09-14-14, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all the great advice. Late yesterday, I called Delta and am having them send a new 'U' mounting bracket and nut, along with the special tool to get at the nut. Hopefully this will make hole a bit larger when backing off the nut/bracket. Hopefully I can get the nut to turn, lol. I've spoken with Delta support about 7 times now, and get a different answer every time to my problem, and some advice is very bad, and wrong. Will report back after trying the next step. Thanks again, and have a nice Sunday.

Old 09-14-14, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
The old hose must be disconnected at underside of sink and pulled up
Disconnect the hose from the sprayer. Then pull hose out from underneath.. Thats the only cance you have without loosening the bracket.. The hose end is smaller..

If you need to loosen the bracket, I use a basin wrench to get up there..

Old 09-14-14, 10:54 AM
Hopefully I can get the nut to turn, lol
The nut will turn, it's brass and doesn't rust.
I've installed almost exclusively Delta kitchen faucets for at least 14 years. I've seen them all.
Some, the wand end of hose will go down, some won't.
The hole you have is large enough to pass hose through, all you need is the nylon guide that was originally supplied with faucet, or make something similar on your own.
I wouldn't loosen faucet.
The hose appears to be in good shape. If you're happy with the appearance of hose, all you have to do is fix leak at spray wand.

Just take O-rings from new hose to fix old hose. Reattach wand being careful not to cross thread, hand tighten plus 1/8 turn. Just snug it up.