Shower head

Old 10-07-14, 09:58 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower head

I am so tired of low flow shower heads, I have a shower head that is connected to a hose in bathroom shower. And the pressure from this unit is terrible. Can someone recommend the best high flow pressure shower head of this sort. I do not know what brand I have, but when I bought it, it was said to be the highest pressure flow allowable. That is a joke. Please help.

Old 10-07-14, 03:47 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
I live on top of a hill and have low water pressure and I've found that I get a better shower spray using a low flow head than I do from a regular flow head. Have you checked to make sure the shower head is clean? mineral deposits can plug them up. What range of water pressure you do you have?

Old 10-07-14, 04:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Un screw hose from both ends if possible sometimes there is a flow resistor in one end. Have found them in handle if comes apart. Most I have found you can just take them out. Will look like a washer with a small hole in it.

Old 10-07-14, 05:01 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 752 Votes on 691 Posts
Shower heads are federally restricted to a maximum flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute so there are no shower heads that flow more water unless you buy it outside the country. Even the large, rain style shower heads don't necessarily flow any more water than a cheap smaller sized head. You best option if you want more flow is to remove the restrictor. Since flow restrictions are have been in effect in the US for quite some time many newer faucets simply can't flow as much water as older ones so you may be limited in how much water you can get.

Old 10-07-14, 06:00 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
f you can't remove restrictor you can drill the hole oversize. Fixed a few that way for myself.

RR

Old 10-08-14, 11:15 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your help, as for having to buy one from out of the country, to gain pressure, should be a breeze as I am sure most all are made outside of country and shipped here.

This is called progress!

Old 10-09-14, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 55 Posts
You will make it worse removing the restrictor. Thats what makes the pressure..

I use the Niagara 1.25 GPM heads... They work great.. Im on a septic is why.. Also 1 gpm faucet aerators...

Water Saving Shower Heads | Water Efficient, Low Flow Shower Heads

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: