clogged sink drain

Old 11-05-14, 09:11 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
clogged sink drain

Hello, I am looking for a suggestion on how to clear the neighbors' clogged bathroom sinks. They have two small, back-to-back bathrooms sharing a wall, on both sides of which there are two bathroom sinks. The sink drains connect to a common vertical pipe inside the wall. Right next to the sinks, the shower and toilet in both bathrooms drain well. Sounds to me that the clog should be reached from one of the sink drains because it is just upstream of where the sink drain gets into the main stack.

I could get a 1/4" diameter snake only two-three feet down the drain before it hits an obstacle and stops no matter how much I rotate it, possibly because of a bent in the pipe line. Couldn't reach the clog.

Is a motorized snake my best bet? What would an experienced plumber do here? (Whom the neighbors will have to hire if my attempts fail).

I will try again tomorrow, so would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestion.

Thanks and best wishes, h.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-14, 06:32 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ended up renting a motorized snake and it did the job. It took some time to direct the tip of the snake into the drain pipe inside the wall, but eventually it worked. Nothing came out, but sink started draining.

Old 11-06-14, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
Good job... Glad we can help... he he...

Sorry we missed this one.... That would have been my suggestion is a power snake...