leaking sink project

Old 01-06-15, 02:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
leaking sink project - shut off valve question

Hi All,

First time poster and I am so glad to have joined this forum. What an impressive group of help topics; I am sure I will be here often.

I am trying to fix a leaky sink in my mothers home. I feel I could probably address the problem with youtube videos but I can't even get started. I can't find shut off valves for the hot/cold lines. I will post a picture. I don't figure to be fast at this project so I didn't want to have to shut everything off. Do I have another option? I don't pay attention to all sinks but I have not seen this before. I don't even know if the valves have a proper name so I don't have good search terms. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to the job.

Name:  sink.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  16.4 KB

Old 01-06-15, 03:18 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If there are no valves directly under the sink, hopefully there is a set a valves, in the cellar. If not, then you are stuck shutting the main valve.

Old 01-06-15, 03:54 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Almost no information.
Leaking sink, ok where is it leaking, drains, supply lines, valves?
Someone used just used compression elbows long ago intend of proper right angle stop valves, big mistake.
Only way to change them is to shut off the main water supply.

Old 01-06-15, 04:53 PM
ok, that is what I was worried about. I live in New Orleans where we don't have cellars

I appreciate the replies. Looks like I am going to have to be better prepared so that I can get the job done timely. I am going to do my homework but I am sure I will have questions and be returning here. Thanks!

Old 01-06-15, 05:00 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Shut off main water line, install sharkbite valves. About an hours worth of work. Very easy. No soldering. We can walk you through it if you decide to go that route. Then with valves in place you can attack other items without loose of water throughout the house and take your time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: