Upflush toilet system

Old 01-15-15, 06:34 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Upflush toilet system

Hello, when we moved in the house, there was a bathroom in the basement but for some reason the toilet was removed as well as the sink and vanity. i found out later the town i live in you needed a permit for a basement bathroom before you could sell and they did not have a permit. Long story short, there is an upflush system down there with the pipes, the vent, everything needed. I redid my bathroom in my master bedroom, my question is can i use the toilet from the master bath? it is just a regular standard toilet? or do i need an upflush toilet to go with the upflush system?

An upflush system is around 1000 dollars, a regular toilet is 100-200 dollars. SO i am hoping i could just use a regular standard toilet to connect with the upflush system...any knowledge on this topic?

Thanks

Old 01-15-15, 06:48 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
There was probably an ejector pump there. If not, that's what I would use.

Old 01-15-15, 08:00 AM
B
I'm not sure what that means

Can I use a standard toilet with an already existing upflush system

Old 01-15-15, 08:39 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
A standard toilet is used with an ejector pump. The ejector pump pumps the waste upwards to the main sewer line, in your house, which connects, to the city or county's sewer line.

Old 01-15-15, 08:52 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Part of the problem is your terminology. An upflush toilet is a special toilet that can flush uphill. It is different than a standard toilet and they are rare but they do exist. Generally it's only the toilet that up flushes and it cannot support a sink, shower or anything else. Then there is a sump system which Pulpo mentioned and is much more common. With a sump you can use a regular toilet. Confusing it a bit more is that you have not mentioned a sump or a pump but have said "..there is an upflush system down there with the pipes, the vent, everything needed." Do you have a sump and a pump?

Old 01-15-15, 03:03 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Pilot Dane, I was thinking about a terminology correction too. To complete it, we need another correction . It's really an "ejector pump" that handles all the waste. A "sump pump" just handles liquid.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: