Proflo toilet doesn't completely flush

Old 01-27-15, 06:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Proflo toilet doesn't completely flush

I have a Proflo toilet, which has been working great, but about two months ago the bowl does not empty completely when flushed. It seems the siphon effect that should be taking place between the trap and the septic drain is not functioning. Since then multiple plumbers have attempted to “un-clog” the problem but unfortunately no one seems to have solved it. I have consulted different online resources and have not found anything to work. Could this be a manufacturer’s defect in the toilet tank or bowl? Any advice? Thanks.

Old 01-27-15, 07:14 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Not a pro on this subject, but did any of them consider a leaky wax seal? When flushed, the water exits the trap formed by the down and up design of the bowel. from there it pulls the remaining contents along completing the flush cycle. If that pulling effect is satisfied by an air leak at the bottom of the bowl then it could cause an incomplete flush cycle.

Where it was working fine and something changed, doubtful it is a defective unit. Does the toilet wobble or otherwise seem loose when you sit on it or grab it and try to tip it in any direction (not too rough)?

Bud

Old 01-27-15, 11:23 PM
Good thinking but the wax seal has been put on twice because each time the toilet and septic drain was checked for obstacles with endoscopic camera and septic drain has been snaked.

Old 01-28-15, 12:41 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Try the bucket test by filling a bucket with water and then quickly pouring it into the bowl. If it flushes okay with this test the problem is one of water supply. It could be a flapper valve that doesn't open all the way or it could be constricted water passages due to lime build up. If the latter sometimes you can use a bent coat hanger to clear the passages. Sometimes an acid treatment can also be used.

Old 01-28-15, 07:38 AM
Thanks. The bucket flush is the first thing I tried. I must have poured a lake it but it still did not flush all the way.

A customer rep from the manufacturer told me to do check for a clog in the drain vent. I have no idea what this is. He said drain venting will require an experienced plumber.

Last edited by sunnah; 01-28-15 at 08:21 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: