Faucet brand?

Old 03-03-15, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Faucet brand?

I have an old faucet that was purchased at a hardware store about 20 years ago. I need to figure out what brand it is so I can get a new valve for it. The only identifying mark on it that I can see is a small crown logo on the underside of the handle. I tried the obvious Google search 'faucet crown logo' but didn't get anywhere. It would be great if someone recognized this logo so I can get a new valve for the unit. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-15, 04:43 AM
Temporarily Suspended
I see some numbers too but they appear as if they are a mirror image. What are they? Also, what about a pic of the entire faucet? Can you post one of those? Is it in a kitchen or bathroom?

Edit: I think I found it. Price Pfister. If you send them a pic of the faucet, they will send you a replacement cartridge, don't call it a valve. They probably won't charge you either. I just did the same thing with Danze.

Old 03-03-15, 10:54 PM
Re: Faucet brand?

Originally Posted by Pulpo
I see some numbers too but they appear as if they are a mirror image. What are they? Also, what about a pic of the entire faucet? Can you post one of those? Is it in a kitchen or bathroom?
Thanks for the prompt reply. It's a bathroom faucet. The numbers are upside down. They are 431 1. Here's a photo of the faucet and the valve. The valve looks a lot like a Kohler product, but they adamantly deny that they made the faucet.

Name:  faucet-01b.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  valve.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  48.1 KB

Old 03-04-15, 05:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
There are some interesting pictures available on this website. Browse and see if you see anything that looks close. Front looking at the faucets, the 8" spread Chicago Line looks similar to yours from the top. Chicago Faucets 8" Center Widespread Faucets | Plumbing and Heating supplies | NY Replacement Parts | 800.228.4718

From the stem, looks surprising like this Kohler unit, at least from the picture. Kohler Stems and Stem Unit 30004 | Plumbing and Heating supplies | NY Replacement Parts | 800.228.4718

If it was me, I would take it to a plumbing supply house like Ferguson or other local suppliers. Probably won't have much luck at a box or hardware store as they sometimes only carry popular brands.

Old 03-04-15, 06:17 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Who denies it, Price Pfister or Koeler? They usually don't it deny if it's theirs.

Old 03-10-15, 01:37 AM
I found the handles. They appear to be made by Indiana Brass.
http://www.noblegov.com/plumbing-sup...t/n452z57.html

However, I haven't found any faucets by them. Did they just make handles or did they make faucets as well?

Old 03-25-15, 10:24 PM
Re: Faucet brand?

So I wound up replacing the valve with a Kohler GP30002 valve which was recommended by Kohler via a phone call. The Kohler valve is nearly identical to the original valve except that the plunger is made of plastic instead of brass. The valve fits well and does not leak. However, there is one peculiar problem which I would like to fix. If the valve is only opened up a little bit, the flow of hot water from the faucet will quickly diminish to a trickle without any movement of the handle. How can this be corrected so that the flow of water stays constant? Note that Kohler now refuses to answer any further questions about the problem since they claim that it's not one of their faucets. This seems odd considering that they told me what valve to get for the faucet. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-26-15, 06:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Remove the aerator on the faucet and flush it out. Anytime you work on faucets and monkey with the shut offs and such, it stirs up some debris that clogs the aerator.

Old 03-26-15, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I've already had the aerator apart and it's clean.