Saniflo Saniplus 2 - Pump Broken?

Old 03-08-15, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Saniflo Saniplus 2 - Pump Broken?

Hi. Last night my Saniplus 2 toilet system stopped working properly. After use, I noticed that it did not flush, just filled to the top.
I bought the unit in 2011. It was installed in my basement so that I did not have to put a sewage pit in the bathroom. I never had any issues up until now. The unit must push the sewage 8 feet vertical into my sewage line out.
Today, I used my shop vac to empty out the toilet, separated the macerator and unit from the piping, opened up the unit and cleaned it out a little bit. I did not notice any of obstructions inside the unit, so my thought is that the pump has failed. To test it, I took the unit outside plugged it in and filled it up with water. The pump operated but only pushed the water approximately a foot above the output. should the unit shoot the water in the air higher? I took a video of the test. Is this pump operating correctly?

http://youtu.be/HEWSeP60szw*

What is my next move?

Can I buy replacement parts? Can I have it repaired? Do I need to buy a new one?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-15, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As a followup, i called SaniPro in NJ and the technical support people were very helpful. Apparently, the rubber diaphram on the pump has gotten deformed and needs to be replaced.

This is a 40$ fix and they are sending me the part. The unit is 5 years old so i was not upset about the cost and not being under warranty. Overall, i was happy.

I am surprised no one on this site had anything to say, even with my youtube post, but hopefully this post will help the next guy who posts with a impossible question to answer about SaniFlo

Old 03-09-15, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
Sorry I missed this post... some get by...

I despise those systems... Just my opinion..

I am glad you got the part and repairs is in order...