Help ID-ing tub faucet and tips to remove valve stem

Old 03-11-15, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help ID-ing tub faucet and tips to remove valve stem

Hi all, I have a dripping 2-handle tub faucet that I'm trying to fix in our house.

Have tried looking everywhere on the faucet but can't seem to be able to identify the make/model of the faucet. The faucet tip(I believe it's called the aerator) says Moen, but everything seems to suggest otherwise and I suspect the previous owners might have had this piece replaced with a Moen piece while the actual faucet isn't actutally Moen. Does anyone recognize this faucet model by chance?

Secondly, I'm having trouble getting the valve stem off. I used a pair of vice to grab the bottom and tried to twist the stem with a wrench but it just won't budge one bit.(and yes, I did remove the clip before attempting this even though the photo shows the clip still in place)

Please help!

Name:  20150307_104640.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  25.7 KB
Name:  20150307_104612.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  30.0 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-15, 06:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
May be an E ring that can be popped off with a flat screwdriver. (never seen one with an E clip)
I'm seeing a packing nut at the bottom of the stem that needs to come off.
Once it's off the whole cartage should pull straight out.
No need to ID it, just get it out and take it with you to the plumbing supply, box store and match it up.

Old 03-11-15, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
That clip does not get removed..

The brass nut turns ccw to remove. Only the brass nut/cartridge should turn out...

Not sure what it is.. I do know of many brands its not.. Not too many use brass carts. most are plastic.

Plus that is ceramic disc///

I will look around. If you get it out I can tell...

Old 03-14-15, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I finally managed to get the valve stem off. Soaked it with some Liquid Wrench, had several servings of spinach and off it went.
Name:  2015-03-15-01-52-14-1.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  33.9 KB
Name:  2015-03-15-01-52-51-1.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  33.8 KB

I took it to Home Depot but can't find anything remotely similar in their catalog. Does anyone recognize the make based on this? Which part should I be replacing as it is unlike any other cartridge i've done around the house.

Looks like there is alot of calcium buildup so at minimum I'll try to clean it up a bit first.

Thanks in advance.