Shutoffs for shower panel

Old 03-25-15, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shutoffs for shower panel

I am remodeling a bathroom and installing a shower panel instead of the old typical spigot, shower head and control valve.

The panel has 1/2" threaded hose hookups. I would like to put shut-offs because 1) otherwise I'd have to cap them until the panel is hooked up 2) just for convenience if I change it out.

The problem is there is not a lot of room behind the panel to hide regular shutoffs. I am looking for a 1/4 turn, 1/2" copper to 1/2" MIP or just 1/2" to 1/2" sweat and I'll sweat on the MIP. I've searched and can't find anything that looks like it will work. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-15, 06:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 188 Votes on 175 Posts
If there is no room behind the panel for the shutoff valves how will you access them to turn them on or off? Why don't you just put the shutoff valves somewhere else? Maybe in the crawlspace, basement, attic or adjoining wall.

Old 03-26-15, 06:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Shark bite caps are easy on and easy off should you need to service the unit or while performing the balance of work in the bathroom until you are ready for final hook up.

Old 03-26-15, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If there is no room behind the panel for the shutoff valves how will you access them to turn them on or off? Why don't you just put the shutoff valves somewhere else? Maybe in the crawlspace, basement, attic or adjoining wall.
Of course, there is a shutoff for the whole house. That is on the 1st floor. Bathroom is on the 3rd floor. There is no where to put shutoffs that would be easily accessible except behind the panel.

I might just have to cap them until I install the shower since I can't seem to find an appropriate shutoff.