Half bath rough in...which is which?

Old 03-25-15, 04:41 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Half bath rough in...which is which?

I've seen a lot of threads on this subject in here, however, I was unable to find a half bath rough in that matched my set up.

I am in the process of framing my basement and I'm getting to the point where I need to frame the half bath out. I thought I was sure which pipe was which, although now I am a little confused.

The first picture shows the set up...I always assumed the fatter pipe was the toilet drain and the skinnier one was used for the sink drain. Picture 2 shows it was a different angle.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  33.0 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  28.0 KB

I'm not sure how many pictures I am allowed to attach here so I will break it up into another post.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-15, 04:48 PM
J
In the next photo, I now notice another pipe that is flush with the floor. I am now starting to think this might be the toilet drain? If so, the sink drain is pretty far away and it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Attachment 48504

Here is a close up of the pipe:
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  36.7 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  35.1 KB

So my question is...what in the world is going on here? The home was built last year and I asked for a half bath rough in...not a full bath so there shouldn't be a shower drain.

Old 03-25-15, 04:54 PM
J
It appears this picture didn't post property, so here is again.

One last picture...this is the setup I was envisioning, let me know if I am on the right track (assuming these are the right pipes)

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  31.8 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  37.5 KB

Please help! Anything you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated and a huge huge help!

Old 03-25-15, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 58 Votes on 50 Posts
Hello and welcome. Your last pic below is correct... Toilet and sink. You show proper piping too.

Also note if you use a combination wye ( double fixture fitting) you can add another fixture such as a washer stand pipe or laundry tub on the opposite side wall..

A double fixture fitting is not the same as a double sanitary tee. So use the right one...

And that last cap in the floor is a clean out. That is there because you bath is at the beginning of the sewer line to the home under the slab. A clean out is required by code...

Old 03-25-15, 05:24 PM
J
Thank you so much for your response! Just to make sure I am clear...the drain in the floor that is flush with the concrete (I circled it and labeled it as "unsure") is the clean out?

That's a huge relief, I am about 90% done with framing and I thought for a second I may have screwed the whole layout up.

Old 03-25-15, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 58 Votes on 50 Posts
Old 03-26-15, 04:48 AM
J
Perfect, thank you very much!