How to remove stem from faucet? Also can you identify faucet manufacturer.

Old 03-30-15, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to remove stem from faucet? Also can you identify faucet manufacturer.

Name:  1- Faucet.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  23.0 KBName:  2- Faucet Handle Removed.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  22.1 KBName:  3- Faucet Stem.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  23.4 KB

Faucet leaks. Finally figured out how to remove the handle (Fig.1). Also figured out how to unscrew the silver cover from the gold ring (Fig.2). The gold ring seems to be "attached" or glued to the sink so it does not move. I tried to remove the stem from the sink by trying to hold the fat nut from moving and turning the stem nut (Fig.3). Result. Can't get a good grip on the fat nut since the gold ring is in the way. Trying to remove stem results in the entire faucet stem and fat nut moving as well as the nut under the sink. The entire faucet becomes loose. Tried 10W40 to loosen the stem from the fat nut. No help.

Questions:
1- Is the gold ring attached or glued to the sink? Can it be removed or moved? If so how?
2- How do I loosen the stem from the fat nut without moving the underneath nut holding everything from moving?
3- Who is the manufacturer of the faucet?

Any help you can give me is appreciated.

Sorry the pictures are sideways but I can't figure out how to rotate them.

Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-15, 09:17 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Hold the stem with a wrench or pliers just above the threaded shaft & with another wrench, spin the nut counter clockwise.

Old 03-30-15, 09:59 AM
Pulpo, Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested but I had a problem. I could not get a good grip on the big nut inside the gold ring. I had to hold the pliers at an angle and it kept slipping off the big nut. I could not lay the pliers flat against the nut. That is why I wanted to know if the ring was glued or attached or just not moving based on years of being held in place by the faucet assembly. How do I remove the gold ring without harming the sink so I can get a good grip on the big nut? Any further help would be appreciated.

Would you happen to know who the manufacturer of the faucet is?

Bob

Old 03-30-15, 11:47 AM
Temporarily Suspended
The gold ring is not glued. Either it's threaded or it's held by the white piece under the washer. If you can't spin the ring, take a flat screwdriver & a hammer. Put the screwdriver against one of the corners, on the nut. Tap the screwdriver. Try to spin the nut by catching one of the corners. I hope that makes sense. If not, tell me.