What is this faucet type called?


Old 04-05-15, 09:10 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this faucet type called?

The outside faucet was dripping. I could actually see the cracked inside rubber washer and I thought, easy!
I removed the top nut thinking that the head section would come out but it seems it is a sealed plastic part.
Is this sealed or did it fuze with the rest of the faucet through the years?


It did have a nut on top to keep it down so it should not be sealed.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-15, 09:38 AM
lawrosa's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Galivants Ferry SC USA
Posts: 17,799
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
The stem should turn out counter clockwise. The packing may be holding it in and a bit or force may need to be used..
Old 04-05-15, 09:51 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 7,283
Received 60 Votes on 57 Posts
It's called a hose bib. You may want to get a frost free faucet instead.

Old 04-05-15, 12:54 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys. I will see if I can get it loose and replace the washer. If that fails I will call a plumber and have a new faucet installed.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: