Pedestal Bath Sink ?

Old 04-07-15, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pedestal Bath Sink ?

Hi my daughter needs the bath faucet and pop up drain replaced on her pedestal sink.I have done this before,but tough area to work with the Pedestal support in the way of the drain,etc..Any tips to help?Her faucet is dripping and its a china brand,don't know if I can get parts.I was going to replace i..Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-15, 07:17 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
This is why I hate pedestal sinks. Frequently, just to clean a hair clog from the pop up you have to remove the sink from the wall. If you do remove it, have a helper. I learned the hard way several years ago. As I lifted the sink off the wall hangers, the tail piece caught the pedestal and toppled it. I think it cost me $150.

Old 04-07-15, 01:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Some pedestals are purely decorative and just slide under the bowl that is securely mounted to the wall. Check underneath to see the configuration of your daughters. It may have a bolt that holds it to the floor, remove the bolt and it also may have a caulk line that need to be loosened where the bowl meets the base. But with luck you will see a nice metal bracket underneath that is holding the sink to the wall.

Old 04-13-15, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Is it easier to remove the sink,then replace the faucet, and pop up drain assy,the replace on wall/pedestal?Thanks