Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water leak once the water level reaches the overflow hole--Need advise, Thanks

Name:  IMG_2111.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  21.6 KBName:  IMG_2110.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  16.4 KB

Hi, I found there are two small holes beneath the sink which I think they are designed for some function, not cracked holes. However, when the water reaches the overflow hole, I found the water come down and leak from the left hole beneath the sink as you can see from the attached. I googled it and could not find any answer. Did anyone see this before? I would really appreciate your advise. Thanks

Old 07-03-15, 04:29 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
It most likely is a hollow sink and there is a crack in the overflow. The overflow should drain directly under the sink stopper. Remove the stopper and you should be able to see openings in the drain pipe to verify that the overflow is not stopped up. Use a small funnel to pour some water down the overflow and observe it coming out in the drain body. If there is a crack/leak, not much you can do.

Old 07-03-15, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Ditto ... Probably sink is cracked/defective........................

Old 07-03-15, 06:41 PM
S
Thanks very much. Today my mom found actually the overflow hole is not the issue. As long as we put the stopper in and accumulate some water in the sink, and then open the stopper to drain the water, the water start to leak from the hole beneath the sink. So the overflow hole is not the issue.

Old 07-03-15, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Then the strainer is not installed correctly or the wrong one....

Old 07-06-15, 08:50 PM
S
Thanks everybody. I tried to use a snake to clean the sink drainage. Now it becomes much better and only leaks when I put some water into the overflow hole. Will try to remove the stopper and clean the openings of the overflow to the pipe, see if can get even better.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: