Pivot door for narrow stall shower?

Old 07-08-15, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question Pivot door for narrow stall shower?

I'd like to install a pivot door for my stall-type shower. From what I've researched, my shower's opening is smaller than most at 23.5"w x 77"h; other stall showers appear to be mostly 36" to 48" wide.

Does the narrow 23.5" width negate the possibility of installing a pivot door? Does anyone happen to know of a door that would fit at that width?

Name:  shower.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  16.5 KB

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-15, 12:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 184 Votes on 171 Posts
You will probably have to have a door custom made if you can't find a stock one that will fit. Many standard ones have some adjustment but I've never seen one that narrow. As for the pivot I don't think you have room but if you try it would probably have to be heavy glass so you don't loose even more room to a door frame.

Old 09-28-15, 07:27 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I actually just came across this series of pivot doors at HD that might do the trick.

Foremost Tides 23 in. to 25 in. x 65 in. Framed Pivot Shower Door in Silver with Obscure Glass-TDSW2565-OB-SV - The Home Depot

I've not done any heavy research into whether they're worthwhile or not, but it's a start.

Keeping in mind I'm not expert, what special tools would one need to drill into the vertical tiling (to secure the vertical sections of the frame) as well as a small piece of what appears to be marble (to secure the horizontal floor frame)? Are special drill bits needed to bite through those areas?

Old 09-28-15, 07:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
You need masonry or glass bit and a corded drill will be better than a battery drill.