How to invisibly patch a hole in a tub?

Old 08-15-15, 12:22 PM
How to invisibly patch a hole in a tub?

Changing the roman tub style faucet on my tub but unfortunately due to its design, it's left a fairly substantial hole on the side of my tub (part of the mounting system - it included a pin to prevent the faucet from spinning).
I've been unable to find an alternative new faucet that was big enough to cover the original hole (I've actually posted another thread on the site for advice on where to look).
As such, in the event I'm unable to cover the hole, does anyone know of any process or product that would permit a complete repair to a hole in a very obvious and visible spot of the tub (right on the flat ledge by the faucet and knobs)? The hole is 7.5mm (0.3 in) and goes clean through the acrylic.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-15, 02:48 PM
Group Moderator
If it's a fiberglass tub I would contact a professional that repairs fiberglass/acrylic tubs. They can make repairs that are invisible in new tubs. If your's has yellowed with age??? I've only seen repairs made on new tubs and they are invisible when they are done.

Old 08-15-15, 03:06 PM
Not sure if it's yellowed or not. It looks white to me, but it's the original tub (1999) so probably has discolored some from new.

Old 08-15-15, 05:10 PM
Group Moderator
There are companies that do warranty repairs for the fixture (tubs, surrounds & sinks) manufacturers that are very good at repairing tubs and surrounds. I'm sure you could get the materials needed but you've got the learning curve to overcome so this is one of the few cases where I think a pro is a good option. I don't think you'll get anyone on site for less than $75 so I'd consider that the minimum cost to expect. But, I've had units repaired under warranty and the older ones are over 10 years old and the repair is still invisible so good patches can be done.