Weak body spray with 3/4" lines

Old 08-30-15, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Weak body spray with 3/4" lines

I have 2 Delta 1G/Min Body Sprayers which 3/4" lines but the sprayers feel weak to me. I know it is subject but it just feels like it should be stronger. Is there any benefit to removing the restricter/o-ring?

[TABLE="width: 885"]
[TR]
[TD]Delta Body Spray Rough[/TD]
[TD]Delta Faucet R50200 Body Spray Rough[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Delta Body Spray Trim[/TD]
[TD]Delta Faucet T50010 Body Spray Trim, Chrome[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Delta Body Spray Head[/TD]
[TD]Delta Faucet SH5002 Invigorating Body Spray Sprayhead, Chrome[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-15, 03:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Did you pipe it with CPVC or Copper? Not sure, but check the instructions, as it may require copper for Delta. They claim too much friction in CPVC, for what that is worth.

Old 08-31-15, 03:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Was the 3/4" installed as a pressure balancing loop working during the rough-in? It would be an actual complete loop of the 3/4" line and the body sprays branch off the loop.

Old 08-31-15, 04:19 AM
Received 25 Votes on 21 Posts
And is it 3/4" all the way back to the main lines?

Old 08-31-15, 04:58 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
City water or well? Do you know what your water pressure is? 3/4 lines or not, if your pressure is low you won't get the rated volume/intensity.

Old 08-31-15, 06:56 AM
Copper. 3/4 all the way to the main lines. City water. Not sure the pressure but we have a 'restricter' in place.

I guess it can't hurt to try as it appears I just need to use an allen key to take the head off the sprayer.

Old 08-31-15, 01:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
https://www.google.com/search?q=pres...IVCowNCh06uQyb

Here is a link to a pressure balance loop for spray heads. You never answered if these are present. Without them, you will get a dribble out the furthest spray head as the closest ones will bleed off all the pressure.

Also, could you post some pics of the shower set up. What master rough in valve body do you have? Is it a higher flow model? What type of transfer valve do you have installed? 3 or 6 function? Or provide a schematic of how the shower was roughed in and pipes run.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-31-15, 07:53 PM
My apologies as I missed the pressure balance loop question. Yes, I had a pressure balance loop installed. Below is a list of relevant items and I attached 2 pictures but couldn't find a good picture of the roughings.

Shower Rough Moen S3371 ExactTemp Rough-In Valve
Shower Volume Control Valve Moen S3600 3/4-Inch ExactTemp Volume Control Valve
Shower Temperature Valve Moen Ts32110 Weymouth Exacttemp R Valve Trim, Chrome
Shower Temperature Control Valve Trim Moen TS52104-S3600 Weymouth ExactTemp Trim Control Trim Kit with Valve, Chrome
Delta Body Spray Rough Delta Faucet R50200 Body Spray Rough
Delta Body Spray Trim Delta Faucet T50010 Body Spray Trim, Chrome
Delta Body Spray Head Delta Faucet SH5002 Invigorating Body Spray Sprayhead, Chrome
Moen Handheld Shower Moen 3667EP Handheld Shower, Chrome
Hansgrohe 12" Rain Shower Head Hansgrohe H28428001 "Raindance C" Shower Head

Attached Images   
Old 09-01-15, 07:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check that the shut off valves on the main body are fully opened. If they are not, it will slow the flow down. I have always used multi-function diverters to change the flow of water to the various shower heads. You have on/off valves which I am unsure as to how they change the water pressure or flow. Does each unit have a direct flow off the main valve or do the spray heads pass through more than one valve before the water gets there?

Old 09-02-15, 07:14 PM
Check that the shut off valves on the main body are fully opened. If they are not, it will slow the flow down. I have always used multi-function diverters to change the flow of water to the various shower heads. You have on/off valves which I am unsure as to how they change the water pressure or flow. Does each unit have a direct flow off the main valve or do the spray heads pass through more than one valve before the water gets there?

How can i check that? Would I remove the allen key to remove the trim piece to see the main body? I am not sure to your other questions. Is it a bad idea to remove the trim and remove the restricor/oring and see if there is a difference? My only concern is that it somehow leaks in the wall.

Old 09-03-15, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Remove the main supply trim by removing the handle and unscrewing the two retaining screws. Behind the trim will be the valve body which is connected to your water supply lines. On the valve body will be two shut off screws. This would allow you to turn the water off to change out the cartridge. Clockwise to close the valves, counter clockwise to open. Make sure they are fully open.

Here is what you should find:

Name:  s3371a.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  26.4 KB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use a screw driver to adjust the center portion of the valve with the slot in it. Do not use a box wrench on the hex nut surrounding the center screw slot or you will flood the bath.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other question had to do with the routing of the pipes after this valve. I can not tell from your picture the complete rough in set up.

Old 09-13-15, 06:52 PM
My apologies for the delays.

I am not sure I will have the room to adjust those two nuts even after removing the handle. Is this as straight forward as removing the handle/trim and using a flat head to loosen (counter clock wise) the center screw within the hex? How 'open' does it have to be? Will it stop turning?

If this doesn't make a difference should I consider removing the limiter?

To be clear, you are making sure I use a flat head on the center screw slot rather than turning the hex nut in any way, correct?

Use a screw driver to adjust the center portion of the valve with the slot in it. Do not use a box wrench on the hex nut surrounding the center screw slot or you will flood the bath.

Old 09-13-15, 07:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You have a slightly different handle on your unit but this video explains how to get to the valve for you to adjust the pressure. Valve adjustments are toward the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5NeVwiCCE

Old 09-14-15, 07:42 PM
Any particular reason why you haven't mentioned the oring?

Old 09-15-15, 03:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Any particular reason why you haven't mentioned the oring?
And to what o-ring are you referring?

Old 09-27-15, 08:26 PM
Sorry. I was on holiday for a bit.

I used the term "oring" to describe the flow resistor that is usually installed within shower heads.

Old 09-28-15, 04:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Well, the flow restrictors have a tendency to increase pressure, if you removed them you would see more volume possibly, but less pressure or force behind. Would lead to weak body sprays. Think of it as if you took your garden hose and pinched off the end with your thumb. You may get less volume, but what does come out is at higher velocity and higher pressure.