Rubber toilet seals

Old 09-07-15, 05:42 AM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Rubber toilet seals

Hi All, has anyone used the newer rubber toilet seals,and what are your thoughts?
Thanks
Geo

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-15, 06:35 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I used it once & I would use it again. No muss, no fuss.

Old 09-07-15, 08:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
These rubber seals have been discussed numerous times in the past with mixed reviews. For me, I guess I am just a skeptic. While it doesn't say so, it is kind of like anything that says, "as seen on tv" - The hype never lives up to the actual product. We all look for quick fixes or easier ways to do things. The wax seal has been a pretty reliable product and fairly DIY friendly for many decades. I personally don't see the need for change. My issues with products like saniseal are like other quick fix items, if proper prep is not performed, will it be as fool proof as claims? Most toilets currently have wax seals. Anyone who has ever changed out a toilet knows that the wax sticks well to everything including the flange, toilet, your fingers and the putty knife you scraped it with. Sticky is good (IMO) where as the saniseal is not sticky, just squishy. IF the flange is not properly prepped, Toilet waste opening not properly prepped, will a non sticky squishy thing make a good seal? I don't know....I do know that from time to time, I have had issues with o-rings not seating correctly. These are in effect giant o-rings. You can't see them when installed. You can't see them if they get kinked when they are installed. There is no feedback like wax when installing that a good seal was made (with wax the toilet floats and you have to push it down into the wax). Anytime a toilet seats with just a "clunk", I will pull and burn additional seals just to be sure. I also have seen more than my fair share of water damage from leaking seals to warrant my skepticism.

Others will have differing opinions.

Old 09-07-15, 11:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 194 Votes on 180 Posts
Which waxless seal are you asking about? There is more than one.

Old 09-07-15, 05:21 PM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
This one is from Fluid Master,I do tend to agree with czizzi and my first thought when I saw them,I was lucky however to be able to stop the drip by loosening the nuts on the Johnnie bolts and twist the bowel a bit and retighten the nuts and the drip is stopped.
Geo

Old 09-07-15, 06:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 194 Votes on 180 Posts
Which one??? There is a 7500 that I've not had good luck with and is no longer on their website. But when I just checked they have a 7530 which I've never tried.